Friday, August 22, 2008

Crabs

We went crabbing in Oregon.


Here is our crabbing basket with crabs in it. We had to throw back all the females and all males that were too small.


Here am I bravely holding a live crab. It didn't pinch me. It was too small, I had to throw it back.


Here is Dad and Logan. This one was too little too.

5 comments:

Amy N. said...

How cool is that kiddo! Did you get to keep any? And if you did, did you eat them or talk your dad into letting you keep them as pets?

Chad Welch said...

The first day we did it we caught 2 males that were 1/8 of an inch too small. We decided to be good and threw them back in, thinking that if we can catch those that early, we could certainly get some good ones again. The rest of the week we caught small males and monstrous females. Several of the local, experienced crabbers kept anything they caught that was big enough to have meat. We never did, the $300 fine was enough to discourage us.

Crystal said...

Super fun! Glad you didn't get pinched!

Carrie said...

Wow trev you are one brave little guy! I don't think I would have the guts to even touch a crab!

Carrie said...

oh wow trev you are one brave little guy! I don't think I would have the guts to even touch a crab!!